The University of Toronto is a known public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the University of Toronto is Canada’s most vast university, recognized as a global leader in teaching and research.
It was created by royal charter in 1827 as King’s College, the primary institution of higher learning in Upper Canada. Initially overseen by the Church of England, the university supposed its present name in 1850 upon evolving into a secular institution.
The University of Toronto is having 700 undergraduate programs, Humanities & Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical & Mathematical Sciences, Management & Commerce, Computer Science, & Physical Education, Architecture, and music.
The University of Toronto offers scholarships, bursaries, and fellowships to international students. The majority of the University of Toronto scholarships are based on academic merit and are awarded at the time of admission to the University of Toronto.
Annually, the University of Toronto awards admission scholarships to its incoming international students. This encompasses the university’s flagship scholarship project for international applicants Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program. This is the only fully-funded scholarship offered by the University of Toronto.
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- the applicant is an international student
- The applicant is an extraordinary and skillful thinker
- The applicant is Committed to school and community
- The applicant is a high achiever in academic and productive pursuits
- The applicant is committed to learning and intellectual exploration
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Applicants presently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated not before June 2021
- Applicant Planning to commence his/her studies at the University of Toronto in September 2022 (students already attending post-secondary studies won’t be considered; students starting their studies in January 2022 at another post-secondary institution will not be considered)
- Applicants who have obtained a nomination from his/her school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to apply to participate in our program.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to start up your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the proper deadlines.
- Please be notified that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your main choice of the program at the University of Toronto.
- Once the University has received a nomination and students have applied to the university, students can complete the online Lester B. Pearson
- Any international student that was appointed by their school will be inquired to apply for the Lester B Pearson International student program
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2021
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2021 (Please note this is the final date to apply for OUAC; however, applicants will have to apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2021, as slots in programs are quickly filled up and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application final date: January 17, 2022
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program will comprise tuition, books, incidental fees, travel, and full housing support for four years. The scholarship is secure only at the University of Toronto.
NB: The University of Toronto Scholarships does not instruct applicants to submit an additional application form. Recipients will be specified based on entry applications. A student’s academic performance in high school and tests will play a significant role.