The DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) Scholarship is a German substantial funding organization for international students of other countries around the world.
This organization was established in the year 1925 and since then, it has funded around two million students, in Germany and abroad. The scholarship aims to educate future leaders, provide access to some of the best study and research opportunities, and help developing countries organize practical university systems.
DAAD Scholarship is a government Scholarship that is fully funded by the German government, the Universities in Germany are already free thus, this Scholarship provides monthly living expenses for Masters’s and Ph.D. International students.
The DAAD Scholarship concentrates on funding outstanding, international students to acquire their education abroad. It gives a monthly stipend to students who are winners of this award to cover their expenses during their time study. The requirements for the DAAD scholarship are listed below:
- The applicant should have completed their Bachelor’s degree, not more than in the last 6 years.
- The applicant should have a minimum of two years of proven work experience.
Depending on the applicant’s degree course, there will be a requirement for English or German language.
- If the applicant wants to come to Germany for some time up to 6 months applicant must have lived in his/her country of residence for at least one year at the time of application.
- If the applicant wants to come to Germany for some time longer than 6 months applicant must have obtained his/her last degree in your country of residence.
- Chose suitable courses of your interest, the student can apply for a maximum of three courses
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with the above documents) directly to the universities.
- A nomination committee is in charge of suggesting potential candidates for the DAAD scholarship.
- The nominated candidates will be called by DAAD to upload their detailed applications to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be sent through email)
- The selection process will be confirmed, and the suggested candidates will be notified consequently.
Requirement when filling the application
- Name and nationality
- The degree program student is applying for
- Gender, date & place of birth, academic title, country of permanent residence
- Contact information
- Secondary school education
- Higher education
- Degree held
- Duration of the course students is applying for
- Choice of host university/institution
- Language skills
- Previous visits abroad for study/work
- Practical/professional work experience
- Professional occupation/written proof
- Leave of absence information
- Professional career goal
- Extracurricular interests
- Applicant must submit a letter of motivation when applying for a Study Scholarship
- When applying for a Research Grant, the applicant must submit a detailed proposal.
- Applicant must submit a reference from a university teacher
To apply click on the link
The applicant will receive a monthly stipend to support his/her living expenses, health insurance, as well as some travel expenses.
- The Postgraduate students will be provided with a monthly stipend of 850 Euros.
- The Doctoral degree students will be provided with 1,200 EDAAD Scholarshipuros.
Postgraduate and Doctoral students will obtain insurance and health coverage.
- Postgraduate and Doctoral students may also get a travel grant.
- Free accommodation in the university campus’ dorms will be part of the scholarship.