Korea is home to prestigious universities such as Seoul National University and Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). The Korean government Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for Excellent undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. International students who have successfully gotten the opportunity to study in Korea.
International students are invited for an opportunity to achieve advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea. The scholarship also promotes international cooperation in education by persuading talented international students to study in Korea.
The Government of Korea invites all international students who wish to seek an undergraduate and postgraduate degree in Korea to apply for the Korean Government Scholarships.
The Korean Government Scholarship program also assists students with the costs of relocating and living in Korea. A compensation allowance of 200,000 KRW is provided one time, occupancy allowance is allocated every month, between 900,000 to 1,000,000 KRW. Monthly assistance of 20,000 KRW is paid under medical safety.
- Applicant and both of his/her parents must be citizens of a country outside of Korea
- Applicant should not hold Korean citizen
- Undergraduate should be under 25 years
- The graduate should be under 40 years
- Applicants have finished or are scheduled to finish formal education
- Applicants Possess a GPA of above 80% from the last educational institution they attended
- The applicant holds a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree by the date of appearance (graduate)
- Candidates and their parents must not be Korean citizens.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Applicants must be physically and mentally healthy to study in Korea.
- Undergraduate: October-November
- Graduate: March-April
- Interested students should apply through the embassy or university track
- Applying through the embassy track is highly recommended.
- 1st Selection: Applicants are expected to submit their various applications to any of the Korean Embassies closer to them or the partnering universities in Korea.
- The embassies and universities determine the successful candidates among the applicants in the first session and the list of the successful candidates will be forwarded to NIIED.
- 2nd Selection: The NIIED selection committee determines the successful candidates among those who have passed the 1st round.
- 3rd Selection: A selection of successful candidates will be made among those who passed the 2nd round, the universities will recheck the applications of those who applied through the Korean Embassies for admission.
- All Successful candidates must obtain admission from at least one university.
The undergraduate scholarship covers
- Airfare: Round-trip economy class ticket
- Monthly Allowance: 800,000 KRW per month
- Settlement (i.e. Relocation) Allowance: 200,000 KRW upon arrival
- Language Training Fee: Full coverage
Tuition: the host institution gives up all admission fees.
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month (restricted coverage)
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month.