Getting a quick loan in Nigeria is not as easy as some made us believe. The reason is very simple. We have many loan app on Googe Play Store that promise to offer a loan but in the end, many of them will end up debiting your credit card without granting you any loan.
That is not fair at all. You should get a loan approval first before even thinking of debiting your card. I have taken my time to check some of the lending app loans in Nigeria to see if anyone of them worth the stress.
The good news is that some of them worth the stress and below, I will be showing you the best apps to get quick or better still cash loans in Nigeria.
Best Quick Loan Apps in Nigeria
Fairmoney is one of the popular loan apps in Nigeria. You can get as high as N500,000 right from your mobile phone. To get a quick loan from Fairmoney, you will have to download their app from your Google Play Store or Apple Store.
After you have installed the app, it will then calculate the amount of loan you are eligible for which start from N2,500 to N10,000. If you pay on time, your credit score will increase and you can get up to N50,000 and even N200,000 from them.
Why we like Fairmoney
- They offer instant loan approval.
- You can get up to an N500,000 loan if you have a good credit score.
- They accept all credit cards for repayments such as Verve, Mastercard, and Visa card.
- You will receive your loan instantly to your Bank account once it’s approved.
Why we don’t like Fairmoney
- Their interest rate is very high.
Download FairMoney From Google Play Store
Carbon is one of the best loan apps I will recommend for anyone. They are formerly known as PayLater and they are currently 3 years old. This is good for credibility. Just know, they have upgraded their platform and now have a registered license with Micro Finance Bank.
So if you open an account with Carbon, you directly have a Bank account with them. You can apply for a loan, make payment to other Banks using the platform and you can even apply for a Carbon card.
Why We Like Carbon
- They offer quick loans starting from N10,000 up to N20 million.
- They easily approved the loan once your information is correct including your BVN.
- They give Carbon card that you can use to withdraw money using the ATM or make an online payment.
- The interest rate is as low as %5 depending on the loan period.
- You can recharge your phone, pay bills like TV and other transaction.
- You can save money using Carbon.
Why we don’t like Carbon
- They need your BVN phone number during the registration. So if you don’t have your number, your loan will not be approved.
- Something their form during the registration is locked and you will be required to call them to unlock it.
Download Carbon Loan App From Google Play Store
3. Aella Credit
The Aella Credit is not only available in Nigeria but also in Ghana and the Philippines. The app is built to help employees access loans between 1,500 to 700,000 with an interest rate of 4% – 29% monthly. The app also requires BVN just like other lending platforms during the registration.
Why We Like Aella Credit
- They offer you a loan with a low-interest rate.
- They grant monthly loan up to N700,000.
- You can use the app to transfer money to other banks.
- You can use it to recharge your phone and pay bills online.
Why we don’t Like Aella Credit
- The registration process is long.
- Their first loan offer is poor (N2000).
Download Aella Credit From Google Play Store
QuickCheck gives a quick loan up to NGN 500,000 in few minutes online in Nigeria. This is to say, they are in the same category as Fairmoney. Well, apart from that, you can also use the app to carry out other transactions as well. During the registration, your BVN will be required.
Why we Like QuickCheck
- They offer loans up to NGN 500,000.
- Their interest rate is low especially on early payment.
- Their registration is very simple and they have a good review on Google Playstore.
- The first loan they will grant you is up to N10,000.
Why We Don’t Like QuickCheck
- They don’t grant you a loan if you already have a pending loan with other lending platforms.
The branch is another powerful loan app in Nigeria and they offer their loan easily without any hassle up to NGN 150,000. The good news is that their loan terms range from 4 – 64 weeks.
Their interest rate is as low as 1% – 21% depending on the loan option. The branch is also available in Kenya.
Why we like Branch
- They offer easy loan without any stress.
- They don’t need BVN phone numbers for verifications.
- You don’t have to put your Debit card before they grand your loan.
- Their interest rate is attractive. Very low.
Why we don’t Like Branch
- The first loan stopped at NGN 5000.
Download Carbon From Google Play Store
KiaKia is not just for mobile apps. They also have a website where you can use to apply for an easy and quick loan. They offer loans to individuals and for small businesses as well.
They make use of psychometry, big-data, machine learning, and digital forensics for their credit scoring and loan risk. So, getting a loan from them is not easy.
Why we Like KiaKia
- They provide both mobile and web-based platforms for a loan.
- The app is user-friendly and registration is free and simple.
Why we Don’t Like KiaKia
- They don’t grant you loans easily.
- They monitored the device and won’t offer you a loan if you already borrowed from another app.
Palmcredit offers you a loan up to NGN 100,000 right on your smartphone within a minute. You can easily apply for a loan and once it’s approved you will get the credit alert on your device without going anywhere.
Why We Like Palmcredit
- They offer easy loans up to NGN 100,000.
- Their payback ranges from 1 week to 1 month.
Why We Don’t Love Palmcredit
- They don’t grant a loan easily.
Download Palmcredit From Google Play Store
This is a great app that you can use to access loan easily on your smartphone. They grant quick loans from NGN 1,000 to NGN 100,000. You can download the app from Google Play Store and get started by putting in your phone number and filling in the registration form.
Why we Like 9Credit
- They easily grant loans up to N4000 for a start.
Why we Don’t Like 9Credit
- They required the BVN phone number during registration.
- Their interest is high.
- Payback day is mostly for 7 days.
- They don’t increase credit score as they promised even when you pay back early.
Download 9Credit From Google Play Store
XCredit is also another great landing platform with an App on Google Playstore that you can install on your device. The app comes with a simple user interface and they offer quick loans up to NGN 20,000.
Why we Like XCredit
- They easily grant a loan request to new users.
- They offer many options for repayment which include Bank Transfer.
- They disbursed the loan in a few minutes.
Why we Don’t Like XCredit
- Their loan credit score is not increasing mostly stopped at NGN 12,000.
- The payback is mostly within 14 days.
- The interest is high.
Download XCredit From Google Play Store
This is another great app for an urgent loan. They have been licensed under microfinance banks. RenMoney was formerly known as Rencredits and it offers a reasonable urgent loan in a few minutes. You can get up to NGN 4 Million via the app.
Why we Like RenMoney
- They offer quick loans up to NGN 4 Million.
- You can get a loan with up to 12 Months’ payback.
Why We Don’t Like RenMoney
- You have to be between the age of 25-59 years old before they approved the loan.
- Their interest rate is up to 35.76% which is high.
There you have the best Loan app available in Nigeria. They are not the best but one you can trust. There are still other amazing loan apps we skip like the Jumia One app.
Well, not all of the above worth it. Some can easily grant you a loan but you need to be sure and check the interest rate. If the interest rate is too high, there is no need to apply.
Another factor you have to consider is the payback. If you need a loan for a business, then the payback should be up to a month or 90 days.
If you are looking for the best among them on the list, then I will recommend Fairmoney and Carbon. They offer a reasonable amount of loans and as you pay on time, your credit score grows and your interest rate reduced as well.
Use the comment box if you have any questions and don’t forget to share this post as well.