Inetimi Alfred Odon popularly known as Timaya was born to a family of six on 15 August 1988 in Bayelsa State. His father hails from Okpoama Etche & his mum is from Okoroma Ubiegun. He began singing at an early age and has been creating songs ever since.
Timaya’s third studio album, De Rebirth, and its lead single “Plantain Boy,” which he released in cooperation with Black Body Entertainment, helped him get even more notice and international praise.
Commercially, both were a hit. And that earned him some money, so he cooperated on the album LLNP with Dem Mama Soldiers (Long Life N Prosperity). Upgrade, Timaya’s 2012 album, included the hits “Bum Bum,” “Sexy Ladies,” and “Malonogede.” Four Headies Awards, two AFRIMMA Awards, one Nigeria Music Award, and an NEA Award are among the awards and nominations he has garnered for his work.
Timaya started his music career at age of 9, singing highlife and church spirituals. His hard work paid off when his song “Dem Mama” was selected as the theme song for MTN Project Fame West Africa. He also has about 4 other songs to his credit that were used by different soap opera programs on Nigerian TV Stations.
When Timaya released his first album entitled “True Story” which got into circulation across Nigeria through word of mouth publicity, he instantly became a household name. Timaya’s song “Dem Mama” was the theme song of MTN Project Fame West Africa in 2008 and was later included on the compilation album that came out at the end of that year.
Timaya has shared stages with international music stars like Dbanj, Sasha, P Square, Flavour (Nigeria), Sean Kingston, Akon, Chaka Khan Freddie McGregor to mention a few. In September 2019 he released “Blessing” as his 3rd album which went ahead to be one of the most successful albums from Nigeria for that year.
Timaya’s style is quite unique in that he mixes the local dialect of Eastern Nigerians with English to make his music very interesting. He has won several awards due to his blend of rap & folk music which combined with lyrics written from the heart.
His musical career saw another milestone when he signed a record deal with international label Cash Money (Universal), home to some of hip hop’s biggest stars like Lil Wayne, Drake, etc.
Timaya was invited on stage by American rapper Rick Ross @the video shoot for “Billionaire” ft Bruno Mars in Miami USA when the rapper decided to pull him up on stage when he heard Timaya’s rapping style. Rick Ross was very impressed with Timaya’s unique style of rap and even told him to fly down to Miami where he (Ross) would feature him on a track.
Timaya Networth is estimated at $10.5 million ( Two Million Dollars). Timaya is also into real estate. He recently invested in an Estate located along the East/West Road in Lagos state. The estate is known as ‘Timaya Estates’ which he claimed to be his biggest investment to date. He also has a house in Port Harcourt and one in Banana Island (Lekki), Lagos.
Timaya House Collection
Nigerian Singer, Timaya has a total of ten (10) luxurious mansions in his house collection. Timaya’s residence in Lekki, valued at N250 million, serves as a stark reminder that Mr. Timaya is, in fact, a music businessman. The house is rather large, with a private studio and, of course, a swimming pool, as well as furnishings and interior design. At least, that’s what these inside photographs suggest.
Timaya Car Collection
Timaya is a car enthusiast, in fact, he is a Motörhead, and his garage is said to be stocked with premium vehicles. As a motorhead, you’d want to own a Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG, which is the most costly automobile in his garage. The attributes of this stunning and stylish luxury automobile are awesome.
The following are some of his cars: Bentley Continental GT – N72million, Range Rover Sport 2013 N17million, Range Rover Sport 2016 – N19million, Mercedes-Benz GLE – N25million, Lexus SUV GX269 – N33million, and Porsche 911 – N42million.
12 Interesting Facts About Timaya
- Enetimi Alfred Odon is his true name. He was born in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on November 29, 1977. Timaya, as he is now affectionately known, is the youngest of his parents 15 children.
- Timaya’s father was a banker, while his mother was a dealer.
- During his high school years, he disobeyed a number of family restrictions in order to attend music events that generally took place at night.
- He used to sing backing for rapper Eedris Abdulkarim.
- In the early 2000s, Timaya disclosed that Name Udosen was one of his music instructors. Bishop David Oyedepo has also been mentioned as a role model for him.
- Timaya is also a composer and music producer who has won awards.
- To make ends meet, he sold plantains at some time.
- His song “Dem Mama” catapulted him into the spotlight.
- He has won several honors, including “Album of the Year” in 2008, “Best Dancehall/Reggae Album” in 2009, “Best Collabo” in 2009, and “Best Collaboration” in 2010.
- He was previously used as a sex toy by an older lady.
- Barbara Fumnanya Nwaokolo is the mother of Timaya, a prominent Nigerian musician. Barbara views hip-hop prodigy Timaya as a guy who can do everything to make himself happy, despite their choice to part ways.
- Only Innocent ‘2baba’ Idibia, a Nigerian singer, has been dubbed a legend among current musicians in the music business, according to Timaya.
The Inter-Religious and International Federation for World Peace named Timaya a Peace Ambassador in 2011. (IIFWP). Dr. Hak Ja Haan Moon, the co-founder of the IIFWP, described himself as “one of those persons whose lives reflect the goal of living for the benefit of others, and who devote themselves to activities that promote the IIFWP’s fundamental values.”