David Adedeji Adeleke (born November 21, 1992), better known by his stage name Davido is a Nigerian recording artist, performer, and record producer. Davido’s 2011 single “Back When” was nominated for Best African Act at the 2012 BET Awards. He won Best New International Artist at the 2014 Channel O Music Video Awards.
In February 2015, Davido signed an international distribution deal with Sony Music through which his label HKN (The House of Hit) will be catering to Sony Music’s R&B artists in Africa. He became the first-ever Nigerian musician to have over 1 million followers on Instagram.
Davido was born in Atlanta, Georgia, to Chief Deji and Vero Adeleke. He has two brothers named Sina and Sammy. In January 2017, the singer announced his engagement to Chioma Avril Rowland.
Davido relocated from Washington DC to Lagos in 2011 where he met producer Tagoe at a family function. The duo went on to form HKN Music. On February 1, 2011 Davido self-released his debut album “Omo Baba Olowo” (translated into English means: “The Son of an Estate Agent or Broker”; a common euphemism for a wealthy man’s son).
His stage name is an alternative way of spelling ‘Oduduwa’. In September 2012, he signed a record deal with Sony Music. On May 19, 2013, Davido released “Gobe” as the lead single from his upcoming second studio album. The song peaked at number 1 on Pulse’s Afrobeat chart for four consecutive weeks. It also reached general charts in Ghana and Senegal. Davido is currently signed to Sony Music Entertainment Africa (through Sony BMG).
Davido Relationship and Marriage
Davido is one of the most talked-about celebrities in Africa today. The singer has been involved in some controversy ever since he joined the Naija music scene, but he also has his good moments too. He recently made headlines when his girlfriend Chioma ‘Chigul’ revealed that she had gotten married to him secretly while he was out of the country.
Even though their marriage has been in the news, Davido hasn’t confirmed nor denied the issue. Davido and Chigul broke up months ago and they both stopped tweeting each other and unfollowed each other on Instagram.
Davido Net Worth 2021
Davido is one of the richest musicians in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $25 million. His yearly salary is $13 million dollars and he has broken several records within his career. By 2022, Davido’s net worth is expected to be $32 Million Dollars
- Source Of Wealth: Singers/Musicians, Inheritance, Record Sales
- Full Name: David Adeleke
- Date of Birth: November 21, 1992
- Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia
- Height: 6 ft (1.83 m)
- Eye Color: Brown – Dark
- Hair Color: Black
- Ethnicity: Nigerian
- Nationality: Nigerian/American
- Son Of: Chief Deji & Vero Adeleke
- Education: University Of Oxford
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Net Worth: $25 Million Dollars
- Annual Income: $13 Million Dollars
- Houses: London UK, Abuja & Lekki Nigeria
- Awards: BET Awards (Best African Act), Channel O Music Video Awards (Best New International Artist)
- Nominations: Teen Choice Award for Choice Music: Next Big Thing – Male , MTV Europe Music Awards (Artist To Watch) Justin Bieber Roast By Kevin Hart (Video of the Year) YouTuber of the Year Award at The Headies 2016.
- Marital Status: Single
Davido’s Cars Collection
Davido is currently the owner of a couple of luxury and sports cars. He drives very expensive cars like Lamborghini Huracan 2015, Ferrari F430 Spider 2007, Range Rover Sport 2013, BMW i8 2015, Mercedes Benz G Class 2014, and Audi R8 2013.
He has previously shown off his $200K Rolls Royce Wraith on Instagram which he sold later to buy an Even Better looking Rolls Royce Ghost Series II 2016 for $400k. His current ride is the new 2018 Rolls Royce Phantom worth over half a million dollars. He also owns several other luxuries & sports cars which include Porsche 911 Turbo S 2017, Bentley Bentayga 2016, Maybach Landaulet 2017, Porsche Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo 2017, and several others.
Davido’s House Collection
Davido is the owner of a couple of luxurious mansions and estates worldwide. His house in Lekki, Lagos Nigeria is worth $3 million dollars and also one in his father’s estate(Olowo) in Ogun State worth $1.5 million dollars.
His third house which he built for his mum is yet to be valued but it costs at least 1 million dollars or more. Davido has another luxury home in one of the most expensive areas of London UK called Highgate Hill whose value is over half a million GBP (Great Britain Pounds).
More About Davido’s Charities
Davido supports various charity organizations around the world. He donated money for charities like Davido Music Worldwide DMW Charity Foundation to support people living with cancer, sickle cell anemia, and other terminal diseases. He also joined hands with United Nations UNAIDS to help end HIV Aids in Nigeria. His charity song is yet to be released but he has featured on several songs which are all available on iTunes.
Facts About Davido No One Knows
- Before becoming a singer, David was actually interested in becoming an Architect(which is his first degree). He went to study Architecture at the prestigious University Of Oxford, England but later dropped out after he started to make money from music.
- His real name isn’t actually Davido (David Adeleke) it’s Oluwatobiloba (Oluwatobiloba Daniel Adeleke).
- He has 2 brothers and 1 sister who are also very successful in their different careers like Kola (Kolapo Daniel Adeleke), Tomi (Damilare Sonoiki) & Yetunde (Solape Olatunji).
- His dad Chief Deji Adeleke was Nigeria’s number one billionaire property developer of 2016.
- Davido was born in Atlanta Georgia but raised in Nigeria. His dad had moved back to Nigeria before he turned 2 years old.
- He became friends with Canadian rapper Drake when they later visited Nigeria on his tour and after featuring on Drake’s song “One Dance” which went on to become an international hit, things changed for him overnight.
- It took him over 5 years to get signed by Sony Entertainment while some other artists who got signed around the same time are long gone but he managed to stay relevant while they didn’t because he is better than them at music production and has many fans who believe in him more than anything else.
8 . Being referred to as “the next big thing” by many of his peers, Davido is one of the most promising stars in Africa at the moment.
9 . He has also opened a record label called HKN Music with his elder brother Kola who’s also into music production.
10 . Davido once memorized all the rules and words to Wizboyy’s song ‘Dance With Me’ which he recorded when he was just 9 years old and that kind of shows how smart and talented he is even as a kid.
Davido is definitely one of the biggest recording artists in Africa. He is not only talented but also very smart and this has helped him become successful in his career at a very young age. From dropping out of University where he was studying Architecture to building himself a mansion worth over 500 million nairas within 3 years, Davido’s story is one everyone needs to read. If you want more facts about Davido, the man himself, or information on how he became successful, feel free to browse through these articles and discover what you’ve been missing all along.