Just as many want it to be, Yale University is the third oldest university in the US. It was founded in the year 1701 in New Haven, Connecticut. The university was originally founded as a school to educate the clergy but was later changed to teach many other fields of study.
Many top world powers have graduated from the school such as Nobel Laureates, Supreme Court Justices, US Presidents, and Rhodes Scholars. The University is ranked as the top university in the world because of its academic excellence.
Yale University is another prestigious university located in the United States. Yale University gives undergraduate scholarships according to need and Masters’s and Ph.D. scholarships in form of assistantships and scholarships.
- The applicant is enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- The applicant has received or is eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver.
- Applicants enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families.
- The applicant is a ward of the state or an orphan.
- Applicant annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- Applicants live in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or are homeless.
- Applicant family receives public assistance.
- Applicant can provide a supporting statement from a school official, college access counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader.
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- $80 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Standardized Testing Results
- Counselor Recommendation and School Report (including transcript)
- Final Report
- Mid-Year Report
- TOEFL scores of at least the following:
- 100 on the internet-based TOEFL
- 600 on the paper-based TOEFL
- 250 on the computer-based TOEFL
- IELTS scores of 7 or higher and Pearson Test scores of 70 or higher
- Yale University scholarship is awarded to cover 100% of the financial need demonstrated by the family.
- They take into account the applicant’s parent’s income, assets, and finances to determine his/her scholarship amount.
- The Yale Scholarship can vary from a few hundred dollars to over $70,000 per year; the average Yale need-based scholarship is over $50,000.
- Also, students whose parents earn less than 65,000$ a year do not pay anything! So if students’ parents earn less than 65,000$ a year, the Yale University scholarship covers tuition, room, and board.