This is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, master’s, Ph.D., and training studies. MEXT scholarship will cover tuition fees, accommodation, monthly living allowance, and round airfare travel expenses from your country to Japan.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / Ph.D.) students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Applicants should visit the website of the Japanese Embassy of their various countries. Under the Education Scholarship tab, the applicant will find the MEXT scholarship.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it.
- Submit the required documents (list given below) to the Japanese Embassy of your country.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find Sample Written Test with Answers Here.
- After that interviews of the candidates will be selected.
- The successful candidates will be informed through email or the embassy website.
For Nigerian students visit here to apply.
To qualify for MEXT Scholarship 2022, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
- For Masters / Ph.D. Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (including prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
- For Teacher training students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary, or teacher-training college in your country.
This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2021 Rate)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination, and Tuition Fee at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
- Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.