A gift card is a form of payment that can be used to make purchases at retail stores, restaurants, gas stations, and other locations. When money is loaded onto the card, then it can be used at any accepted location.
Gift cards can be open-loop or closed-loop. An open-loop gift card can be utilized anywhere that the brand of that particular card is accepted. For instance, if a gift card is a visa logo brand, it could be used to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted.
On the other hand, a closed-loop card can only be used at specific merchants. For instance, if you purchase a gift card from Amazon or Starbucks the owner and the gift card’s recipient would be able to use them to make purchases only at the retailer issuing the card.
A gift card can be classified as:
Physical and Digital Gift Cards
A physical gift card is a plastic card. A Digital gift cards have no physical form; instead, a unique gift code is assigned and can be used to redeem at online retailers when making purchases. Physical cards remain the most popular and most used kind of gift card.
Organizations such as Walmart, Amazon, and Target allow consumers to obtain physical cards as well as to load online or digital accounts. Some Major restaurants, such as Chipotle Starbucks, and Chili’s, also offer customers digital and physical gift cards.
These cards make it suitable for customers to pay for their drinks and meals using an app or in-establishment card reader to fasten the payment process.
How to buy the gift card on Patricia
- Visit MyPatricia.co
- Log in if you already have an account or create a new account
- Fund your Naira wallet
- Click the trade now button under the gift card
- Click on buy gift card
- Click the gift card you want to buy
- Select the card type ( discounted or brand new
- Select the type of Currency
- Select the gift card amount
- Click the buy now button
- The system will redirect you to the pay rent page to complete your payment
How to sell your gift cards on Patricia
- Visit MyPatricia. co
- Log in if you already have an
- account or sign up to create a new account.
- Scroll down to Sell Gift Cards
- Click on Go to Glover on the dashboard.
- On the Glover page, Login with your Patricia login info.
- Scroll down to gift cards and click on Trade Now button
- Agree to the notice on the next page
- Choose the type of gift card you want to sell from the list of gift cards shown
- Select the country of the gift card.
Select card type e.g Physical card or digital card
- Select the card Designation (Price on the card) and click on submit
- Click on upload to upload the image on the card
- Wait for 15 – 20 minutes for your gift card to be confirmed
- Once it’s confirmed, click on the wallet for your money.
- You can add up your account details to withdraw the money to your bank account.